With the recent changes from the Ministry of Health we wanted to update you as to how our clinic is managing the screening guidelines from the MOH and our professional colleges.
While many businesses are now required to ask for proof of double vaccination for Covid-19, we are still considered an essential business and therefore do not require proof of your vaccination status for your appointment.
With the new updated MOH screening, the initial question is whether or not you have received your double COVID-19 vaccinations. While you are welcome to share this information with us, the reasoning behind this question is to eliminate the need to ask further questions around international travel and COVID-19 exposure. In our clinic, we have decided to maintain a 14 day rule around international travel and exposure regardless of vaccination status, therefore we will not be asking this question UNLESS acute, emergency treatment is requested, and booked at the practitioners discretion.
Here is our updated guideline:
Note; again there is no question about vaccination status because at this time, we are not allowing even double vaccinated individuals in for appointments if they have been travelling internationally within 14 days of their appointment or if they have had exposure to someone awaiting test results or someone who has tested positive.
If you would like to share your vaccination status with us, we would be happy to document it in your file.
Does the person have any of the following symptoms:
- Fever and/or chills
- New onset of cough or worsening chronic cough
- Shortness of breath
- Decrease or loss of sense of taste or smell
- If adult >18 years of age: unexplained fatigue/lethargy/malaise/muscle aches (myalgias)
- If child <18 years of age: nausea/vomiting, diarrhea
- Have they tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 10 days or have they been told they should be isolating?
- Has the person travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days?
- Has the person had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 without appropriate PPE?
If the response to one or more of the above questions is yes OR unknown: COVID SCREEN POSITIVE. You must reschedule your appointment.
Please feel free to reach out to our admin team or your practitioner at any point with any questions you might have! We will continue to monitor and update our screening as necessary.